Mission of EIMS is to serve the medical community in the provision of high-level training and research opportunities that support ongoing improvement in professional practice for the ultimate benefit of patients and the community.
The mission of EIMS provides to be also an internationally recognized European teaching and research Institution, contributing for the promotion of private higher education as a public good, associated with private benefits and based on the over-arching principle of public responsibility.
Internationally, EIMS wants to contribute with expertise and value to promote a culture of quality in teaching, scholarship and research in private higher education, to develop, with similar institutions, national and international channels through which institutional quality cultures can be recognized, legitimatized, and continually enhanced so that a truly inclusive European Area of Higher Education can be shaped.
Vision of EIMS is of medical professionals that are in a sustained cycle of excellent practice, reflective professional development and embedded research that is continuously applied to improve the service of medical professionals and the wellbeing of the community.
The Aims of EIMS are to:
- provide short, high-intensive CPD modules for medical professionals, using Malta as its operational base;
- ensure that such modules can be accumulated for recognised awards and academic qualifications;
- concretise its corporate social responsibility towards the Maltese community through socially-oriented medical provision and the sharing of its research outcomes;
- support the fostering of an international community of reflective practitioners who attend its CPD provision; through, amongst other means, the implementation of identified research projects;
- target private, national, transnational and international funds to support such research efforts and maximise its corporate social responsibility within Malta.